Nikki's Favorite Pecan Pie
|Pastry Dough or Pie Crust|
|Unsalted butter||3/4 Stick|
|Light Brown Sugar||1 1/4 cups (packed)|
|Light Corn Syrup||3/4 cup|
|Vanilla Extract||2 tsp|
|Orange Zest (grated)||1/2 tsp|
|Large Eggs||3 ea|
|Pecan Halves||2 cups (~ 1/2 pound)|
|Whipped Cream or Vanilla Ice Cream|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with a baking sheet on middle rack
2. Roll out dough to a 12" round and place in to a 9" pie pan. Crimp overhanging edges and prick bottom with a fork. Let chill for at least 30 minutes.
3. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add brown sugar and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk in corn syrup, vanilla, zest, and salt.
5. In another bowl, lighty beat the eggs and then temper in to syrup mixture.
6. Evenly place pecans inside the pie shell and pour the liquid mixture over them.
7. Bake on the hot baking sheet for approximately 50 minutes, or until the filling is set. Let cool completely.
8. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!